Gardening Articles and Videos
About our "Garden Blitz":
4/27/2011 | Sheryl McGlochlin
"You will be amazed with what happens at a Garden Blitz with even a few people! It's impressive!"
Be prompt since we start moving from garden to garden at the meeting time.
Purpose of the Garden Blitz:
- Visit and inspect every garden often
- Distribute Baked Goods & Harvest
- Make assignments on urgent work to be done in each garden
- Determine the work that needs attention over the next few days
- Each Garden is divided into 2 parts: 1) Spring/Fall 2) Summer
- Note garden progress from previous week
- Weeding to be done
- Specialty Jobs and assign who will do them (requiring special tools/skills)
- Help all members get better acquainted with each garden
- Meet Garden Supervisors and Home Owners
"Every week offers a NEW garden chore!"
All of our Gardens are divided into 2 Garden Blitz's
East Side Garden Blitz - Includes all of our Gardens on the East side of the Salt Lake valley (all within 5 minutes of each other)West Side Garden Blitz - Includes all of our Gardens on the West Side of the Salt Lake Valley (all within 10 minutes of each other)