Gardening Articles and Videos
Garden News, March 25 - April 1
3/25/2012 | Sheryl McGlochlin
Get acquainted with our Garden Coordinators
Holladay A & B Gardens: Sheryl
3300 So. Highland Dr: Betsy
South Jordan A, B & C: Geralee but we will have 2 more coordinators for the A & B Gardens within a week.
West Jordan: John & Geness
WVC Garden: Alan & Diane
Things we need you to save or do in the gardens:
- Take photos of people working in the garden and send them to me. I can live vicariously through you!
- Empty Gallon Milk/Juice Containers – Plastic & Cardboard
- Empty Half Gallon Milk/Juice Containers – Plastic & Cardboard
- Lots of Newspaper: must be non-colored i.e. No colored food ads or shiny paper
- More seeds i.e. spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, other cold season crops, and other varieties of lettuce
- Newspaper containers made
- Shallow boxes (to keep the newspaper containers in)
- 200 5" x 7" paper envelopes or anywhere around that size to put seeds in
- Log Book, pen, gallon ziplock bag & protective box – We need these items for every garden
What food is available this week
Work to do in the gardens for the upcoming week - if you are able to help anytime, contact me
(email preferred or call and leave a message)
Riverton – send me photos of this garden until I can get out to look at it, so I can see where we are
South Jordan A – Stake it, add furrows, plant one long row of lettuce soon (near the corner of 11400 So. 2865 W.)
South Jordan B – Needs the MOST work – lots of work for kids and adults (11131 So. 2865 W.)
3300 So. Dave Novack will till next Sat., March 31,
3300 So. – Fill and transport all buckets of compost from Holl. B Garden to 3300 So. and spread out
Holl A: Go to the dump to purchase a trailer full of mulch, distribute it in front yard garden, get rid of long rain gutters, plant the rest of the greenhouse, water seedlings, plant more seedlings
Holladay B: Clean out Strawberry patch to allow new growth, fill buckets of compost
Holl A: Plant little seedlings and lots of them, make more containers to get ready for planting
NOTE: I won't be around from Thursday night - Sunday night - so Holladay Garden work needs to be done before then.
Notify me OR the garden coordinator before working in any garden
They will send me a weekly list of those who worked and for how long, so keep track of your time and tell your coordinator.
A VERY big thank you to Don last weekfor tilling a large section of the Redwood South Jordan Garden.
Also, a BIG thanks to Dave Novack for tilling our 3300 So. Garden last Sat. He will do that again next week.