Gardening Articles and Videos
June 18 - 23: West Jordan Garden, Work to do
6/18/2012 | Sheryl McGlochlin
Work to do this week:
1. Put cages on tomato plants. Lori put a bunch of cages, from the shed, onto the grass next to plot and just outside the shed in back. There are more cages in shed that she couldn't get out. Someone may need to go in and retrieve them, if needed.
2. Weed the back plot --- Use the hoe or the tool with 3/4 circle on front to gently uproot the weeds.
3. Weed around the back plot along where the grapes are -- bigger weeds may required shovel or hoe.
4. Hand water the melon plants in back plot with watering can
5. Hand water the rows with beans and carrots -- very gently so as not to disturb the seeds. Need to keep moist to germinate the seeds.
6. Rake leaves from side area near garbage cans
7. Prune rose bushes on side area near garbage cans
8. Get front patch of raspberries weeded -- may need to use pitch fork to get the grass up....
Contact Lori Schneider, the West Jordan Garden coordinator, or me, Sheryl McGlochlin, if you can come and work ANYTIME in this garden this week. Contact one of us BEFORE working just to make sure we are both on the same page as to what you'll be doing. We'll also be able to update you on work that has been accomplished from others throughout the week when you call.