Gardening Articles and Videos
SUMMER PASTA SALAD - WATERMELON Garden Dinner - Work South Jordan
6/24/2013 | Sheryl McGlochlin
FREE Event! You are invited!
11371 South 2865 W., South Jordan
June 25, Tuesday
6 - 9 PM
Bring a friend!
Where to go first:
Where to find us:
About the harvest you'll receive:
About the work:
We grow an abundance of food on our 3 acres of land - which is divided into several gardens in South and West Jordan, Holladay and East Millcreek area.
If you are passionate about growing your own food and eating a lot of delicious harvest, please come and get acquainted with our Community Working Garden Group!
No prior experience or knowledge is required since you'll be mentored by experienced garden members and farmers.
Learn more about the benefits you'll receive from joining our group.
Now in our 6th year, we are producing a larger variety of harvest, with more land than ever before.
You are invited to join us, drastically cut your food bill, eat healthier, relieve stress, get outdoors, give your children something to do besides play with their electronic toys, and gain valuable skills growing your own food!
Not a member? No worries. Come and get acquainted for FREE the first time to see if we are right for you.
What to bring:
- Garden gloves (I have some for you to use if you don't have any)
- Water bottle
- Shoes that can get muddy
- Weather appropriate clothing
Type of food you'll receive:
- Produce - Enjoy harvesting and eating any crops ready to pick
- Breads and baked goods - Local businesses trade baked goods with us (Great Harvest Bread, Riches Bagels, etc.)
- Soup! Hot, delicious, healthy, hearty, homemade soup generally made from ingredients from last year's harvest!
- Outside garden work is weather dependent.
- Greenhouse garden work is not weather dependent: Planting or other work may be done regardless of the weather.
You'll like our Working Garden Group if you...
- enjoy being outdoors
- want a fun way to exercise
- love connecting with nature by working with soil, rocks, plants, etc.
- aren't afraid of hard work
- desire to eat an abundance of food you've helped grow yourself
- love saving money on food
- are eager to learn valuable gardening skills for you and your family
- need an effective way to relieve stress and tension