Gardening Articles and Videos
Thursday, April 12, Garden News Update
4/12/2012 | Sheryl McGlochlin
- Watch the videos I just posted on the blog on my homepage, a lot more are coming soon
- Thank you to everyone for all the planting done at SJ A garden this past week. I love this rain!
- SJ B Garden is finally tilled now but the manure didn't get on there before it got tilled.
- I have other plant food that we'll add to that soil instead.
- Rain will be a factor in which gardens are open for work this weekend. I'll adjust the calendar by this afternoon.
- In between the rain, let me know if you can go to Holladay B garden where the soft moist dirt will make it easy to get rid of weeds around the peas.
- I have LOTS of bagels Thursday afternoon for everyone who will email, call or text me today!
- Carmen is coming over Sat. at 1 pm to Holladay A (greenhouse if weather permits) to plant seedlings in all of our empty newspaper containers (tomatoes, peppers, etc. ) that we will grow in the gardens come mid-May. A few more good people, so no kids, are invited to come and help her. She did this for me last year about this time.
- If you are out in the WVC area, go visit that garden and meet Alan and look at our garden there. It's about the same size as our 3300 So. Garden.