2 cans Italian flavored stewed tomatoes, diced or crushed
2 Tbl olive oil for cooking
2 tsp minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 can tomato paste
1 can water
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbl fresh basil, or 1 tsp dried
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
½ tsp oregano
1 lb pasta of choice, prepare according to package direction
At this point you can try a number of variations*:
• Mushroom, green peppers, even chopped spinach are fun vegetables to add.
• Ground beef, sausage, seafood or liver lend unique flavors.
*For any of the additions, stir fry along with garlic and onion. Cook meats until done.
1. Heat oil in large pot.
2. Add garlic and onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer.
4. Add paste and water, and seasonings, simmer 30-45 minutes. The longer it simmers the better it tastes!
5. Toss pasta with sauce. Serves 4.