Healthy Eating Articles and Videos
The following are tips on how to get back to basics, eat healthier and save yourself a lot of time and money!
12/12/2010 | Sheryl McGlochlin
• olive oil
• 2 cups finely chopped yellow onions (2 small onions)
• 1 cup small-diced celery (2 medium stalks)
• 1 cup small-diced carrots (2 to 3 medium carrots)
• 6 cups chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary or thyme leaves
• 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 4 cups small-diced zucchini
• 2 cups small-diced potato
• 1 cup small pasta, like a shell
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Garlic salt to taste
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. Heat 2 Tbl olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
2. Add the onions, celery, and carrots.
3. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chicken broth, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. Add remaining ingredients except the pasta and cheese, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are half way cooked, add pasta and cook until pasta is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
6. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
7. Serve warm with Parmesan.