Who is invited to join our group?
8/21/2015 | Sheryl McGlochlin
When you are considering joining our hiking group...you may ask yourself...
- Will I be the weakest hiker?
- Will I fit in and find any friends?
- Is there a place for me in this group of hikers?
- Will I be left behind?
You may feel our hiking criteria is based on ability, skill, experience, physical appearance, strength, etc.
On the contrary....
We are looking for something else in the new people who join us
It is true that we have plenty of people with a wide assortment of hiking experience, etc.,
but I am looking for people who ...
- Have a positive attitude
- Want to change their life for the better
- Won't care about what others may think of them
- Want to be around people who are active and healthy
- Aren't afraid to try something new
- Are teachable
- Are willing to follow basic hiking rules
- Are willing to be courteous and kind to fellow hikers
- Are willing to hike EVEN if it's only for 15 - 20 minutes
- Are willing to try and come often
- Get excited about finding a moose or a deer
- Aren't eager to judge others
- Will focus on doing their own personal best
- Won't compare themselves to others in the group
- Won't try to be the strongest, fastest, smartest person in the group
- Will be a team player
- Are willing to be friendly to other members
- Are willing to lend a hand to someone in need