Snowshoeing is a low-impact activity that allows you to burn between 420 and1,000 calories per hour...
depending on whether you are walking or running, on packed
snow or powder. It's a great cardiovascular conditioning sport and an excellent
winter cross-training for runners and cyclists.
More Snowshoe Benefits
- Excellent aerobic workout
- Experience incredible winter beauty
- Lift your spirit and soul
- Breathe fresh mountain air
- Escape valley inversions
- Witness super bright blue skies
- Perfect for clearing your mind and solving problems
- Peace and Quiet
- Strengthen your entire body
- Make friends
- Gain confidence in knowing that you can do "hard things"!
- Feel gratitude when observing how beautiful nature is on a cold winter day
- Avoid cabin fever by getting outside often
- Great Family Recreation
- Learn how to prepare younger family members for this sport and where to take them on your own
- Easy to learn – great for all ages
- Learn and practice valuable emergency preparedness skills
- Inexpensive and affordable to enjoy often