Mon, Mar 09|
Blanding, Utah Adventure Trip
In just a short, five-hour drive southeast from Salt Lake City you'll be treated to a unique, desert landscape known as "four-corners". It offers plenty of hidden gems and surprises! Expect a variety of history, caves, rivers, goosenecks, petroglyphs, arches, national monuments and more!
Time & Location
Mar 09, 2020, 7:00 AM – Mar 12, 2020, 6:00 PM
Blanding, Blanding, UT 84511, USA
About the Event
Blanding Utah was settled by Mormon Pioneers predominently by the Hole in the Rock Expedition
- Lower Fish Creek Canyon Trail - 3.6 - 8 miles RT
- Procession Panel - 2.8 miles RT
- Wolfman Panel .0 - 1.4 miles RT
- Lower Butler Wash 3.0 - 5.4 miles RT
- Monarch Cave 1.6 miles RT
From Blanding (in hours/minutes)
- Mule Canyon - 26 min.
- Monticello, Utah - 25 min.
- Moab - 1 hour 23 min.
- Hall's Creek Narrows - 3 hours 18 min.
- Green River State Park - 2 hours 11 min.
- Goosenecks State Park - 54 minutes
- Bluff, Utah - 27 min.
- Dinosaur Museum, in Blanding
- Nations of the 4 Corners Culteral Center, in Blanding
- Natural Bridges National Monument - 52 minutes
- Arch Canyon 47 minutes
- Hite Crossing Bridge - 1 hour 25 min.
- Hovenweep National Monument - 55 minutes
- Edge of the Cedars State Park - 4 minutes
- Four Corners Monument, New Mexico - 1 hour 13 min.
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado, 2 hours 16 min
- Cortez, Colorado 1 hr. 26 min.
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument - 58 min.
- Bears Ears - 58 minutes
- Sand Island Petroglyph Panel
- San Juan River - carving a 1000 ft. gorge in some places
- 4 days, 3 nights
- Monday - Thursday
- Packing list provided
- 6106 ft elevation
- Limited to 5 - 10 participants
- 1 - 2 experienced guides depending on size of the group
- Two full days of activities from 8 am - 4:30 pm
- Half day of activities offered on the first day
- Multi sport activities include hiking, exploring, star gazing, sunrise and sunset walks, nature photography
- Participate in as many of the planned activities as you like or take time for yourself
- 9 delicious, healthy meals
- Lodging in a clean, comfortable vacation home
- Pre-trip meeting provided 60 days prior to departure at my Holladay home (info sent to those not able to attend)
- Nature photography tips available upon request
- Meet others who also share a passion and desire to be active outdoors
- $799/person double occ.,
- Assistance provided for finding a compatible roommate (if needed)
- Carpool assistance provided if needed
- $200 deposit secures your reservation
- 5 hour drive from Salt Lake City
- Departure from Salt Lake City on Monday, 7 AM
- Departure from Blanding on Thursday, 10 AM
- Contact me at 801-278-5313 if you have concerns regarding physical limitations or dietary restrictions
MEALS & FOOD:
Most meals are prepared and served in our vacation home or condo.
Feel free to customize and build your meal the way you like it.
Generous amounts of healthy, delicious food are available at all hours of the day.
A notebook is kept nearby to jot down anything foods we need more of from the grocery store.
Breakfast, make your own
Eggs, Toast, Bacon, Jam, Yogurt, Granola, Hot & Cold Cereal, Nuts, Milk, Fruit, Juice, POG (combo of passion fruit, orange and guava), Coffee
Salad Bar w/ assorted toppings, Hawaiian Haystack, Chicken, Shrimp, or Veggie Stir Fry w/ Rice, Assorted sauces may include Teriyaki, Yellow or Red Curry, Baked Sweet Potato, Pineapple, Salmon or other fresh fish, etc.
Salad Bar toppings
Cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, spinach, cheese, corn, peas, carrots, hard boiled eggs, celery, black beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, mandarin oragnes, pineapple, apple, red cabbage, red onion, croutons, nuts, olives, zucchini, bacon bits, assorted dressings i.e. ranch, Italian, olive oil, red wine vinegar, etc.
Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Beef, Turkey, Peanut Butter, Cheese, Nuts, Beans
Refreshments and Snacks:
Fruit, Granola Bars, Trail Mix, Hard Candy