Tue, Jan 19|
Sedona, Arizona Adventure Trip (1)
Join us in this iconic red rock scenery, in the Verde Valley region of Arizona! It's mystical, magical, desert, dry climate is blessed with an abundance of Navajo red sandstone formations and offers the perfect get away in February.
Time & Location
Jan 19, 2021, 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Sedona, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
About the Event
Hiking options in the area: (hikes will be tailored to the abilities of those attending the trip)
- Rock Formation: Chapel of the Holy Cross
- Sugarloaf Loop
- Courthouse Butte Loop Trail 4.2 miles RT
- Margs Draw Trail 4 miles RT
- Mescal Trail 4.8 miles RT
- Little Horse Trail 3 miles RT
- Sedona View Trail 1.2 miles with 451 feet elevation gain
- Devil's Bridge Trail 2 - 4 miles RT
- Red Rock State Park
- Shrine of the Red Rocks
- Faye Canyon Trail
- Baldwin Trail
- Bell Rock Trail 3.5 miles with little elevation gain
- Tea Cup Trail
- 4 days, 3 nights
- Monday - Thursday
- Packing list provided
- Limited to 5 - 10 participants
- 1 - 2 experienced guides depending on size of the group
- Two full days of activities from 8 am - 4:30 pm
- Half day of activities offered on the first day
- Weather averages in February - High is 64 with a low of 36
- EXCURSION: $150 - $220 - Grand Canyon Railroad Tour which starts in Sedona - Cost of excursion is extra.
- Elevation is 4350 feet above sea level
- Watch spectacular, daily sunsets at Airport Mesa
- Multi sport activities include hiking, exploring, star gazing, sunrise and sunset walks, nature photography
- Participate in as many of the planned activities as you like or enjoy some free time for yourself
- Scenic drives in and around this area
- Lodging in a clean, comfortable vacation home
- Nature photography tips available upon request
- Meet others who also share a passion and desire to be active outdoors
- $799/person double occ.,
- Assistance provided for finding a compatible roommate, if needed
- Carpool assistance provided if needed
- 8 hours 56 minutes drive from Salt Lake City or fly to Flagstaff, Arizona (3 hours 44 minutes with 1 layover for approx. $281), then drive 47 minutes to Sedona.
- Meet the group in Sedona on Monday at 2 PM
- Departure from Sedona on Thursday, 10 AM
- Contact me at 801-278-5313 if you have concerns regarding physical limitations or dietary restrictions
MEALS & FOOD:
Most meals are prepared and served in our vacation home or condo.
Feel free to customize and build your meal the way you like it.
Generous amounts of healthy, delicious food are available at all hours of the day.
A notebook is kept nearby to jot down anything foods we need more of from the grocery store.
Breakfast, make your own
Eggs, Toast, Bacon, Jam, Yogurt, Granola, Hot & Cold Cereal, Nuts, Milk, Fruit, Juice, POG (combo of passion fruit, orange and guava), Coffee
Salad Bar w/ assorted toppings, Hawaiian Haystack, Chicken, Shrimp, or Veggie Stir Fry w/ Rice, Assorted sauces may include Teriyaki, Yellow or Red Curry, Baked Sweet Potato, Pineapple, Salmon or other fresh fish, etc.
Salad Bar toppings
Cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, spinach, cheese, corn, peas, carrots, hard boiled eggs, celery, black beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, mandarin oragnes, pineapple, apple, red cabbage, red onion, croutons, nuts, olives, zucchini, bacon bits, assorted dressings i.e. ranch, Italian, olive oil, red wine vinegar, etc.
Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Beef, Turkey, Peanut Butter, Cheese, Nuts, Beans
Refreshments and Snacks:
Fruit, Granola Bars, Trail Mix, Hard Candy