Twin Falls Kayak and Hot Springs Adventure Trip
Time & Location
About the Event
3 nights camping or hotel
Wifi, washer, dryer
8 AM - Breakfast
9 - 11 AM - Kayak on the Snake River
12 Noon - Lunch at Picnic Tables nearby
1 - 4 PM - Soak in hot springs, participate in hot springs water aerobics, Shoshone Falls and easy trail walk, learn some unique history of Twin Falls
5 PM - Dinner
6 - 10 PM - Free time
Sunrise walk on the beach, wild life sightings i.e. sea turtles, crabs, etc., stretching, yoga, nature photography, journal writing, etc. OR choose to relax and sleep in.
Hiking, kayaking, walking, exploring, stand up paddling, shopping, relaxing, nature photography, sight seeing, stretching, yoga, journal writing, sunrise and sunset viewing
7:00 - 10:00 PM
Free time, games, swimming in hot pools, relax
Activities are subject to weather, road, trail conditions
DAILY ITINERARY - FLEXIBILITY
Every Live and Thrive Adventure Trip includes a daily itinerary of planned activities.
You may opt out of any activities, if you like.
All activities are discussed the night before so you can plan ahead.
After dinner activities may include walking to the beach to view a beautiful sunset, playing board games or simply relaxing.
MEALS & FOOD:
9 meals provided
Breakfast foods include
Eggs, Toast, Bacon, Jam, Yogurt, Granola, Hot & Cold Cereal, Nuts, Milk, Fruit, Juice, POG (combo of passion fruit, orange and guava), Coffee
Salad Bar w/ assorted toppings, Hawaiian Haystack, Chicken, Shrimp, or Veggie Stir Fry w/ Rice, Assorted sauces may include Teriyaki, Yellow or Red Curry, Baked Sweet Potato, Pineapple, Salmon or other fresh fish, etc.
Salad Bar toppings may include:
Cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, spinach, cheese, corn, peas, carrots, hard boiled eggs, celery, black beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, mandarin oragnes, pineapple, apple, red cabbage, red onion, croutons, nuts, olives, zucchini, bacon bits, assorted dressings i.e. ranch, Italian, olive oil, red wine vinegar, etc.
Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Beef, Turkey, Peanut Butter, Cheese, Nuts, Beans
If you love to cook, check out these delicious polynesian recipes: https://www.polynesia.com/recipes/main-dishes/
Shave Ice, Fruit, Granola Bars, Trail Mix, Hard Candy, Chocolate
Banana Bread, Coconut Cake, Pineapple Cake/Bread, Banana Shake
Exploring, Yoga or stretching on the beach, Walking on the beach, Star Gazing, Swimming, Sightseeing, Nature Photography, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Bike Riding, Shopping, Stand Up Paddling, Hiking
Vehicle, Bike, Foot
There is plenty of flexibility with regards to physical levels in every activity.
Each evening we review activities planned for the following day and help you decide what you will enjoy the most. By letting us know your needs and desires before we depart will make this a much better trip for everyone involved and allow us to accommodate your needs better.
One of our goals for those who choose to participate is to hike or walk for a total of 20 miles throughout the duration of the trip. That may mean 3 miles here or 2 miles there, etc.
For moderate levels participants should be comfortable hiking or walking 5 miles/day with approximately 1200 feet elevation gain.
For easier levels participants should feel comfortable walking/hiking 1 - 2 miles/day with no more than 300 feet elevation gain.
A daypack is sufficient for all hiking activities unless you are informed otherwise.
This trip requires NO technical abilities.
It's wise to start a good physical conditioning program prior to this trip.
If you would like any advice or tips regarding this, please contact me at 801-278-5313.
$1599 (does not include airfare, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, travel insurance, gear rental i.e. bike, kayak, snorkel gear, surfboard, etc.)
$400 deposit required to reserve your spot.
- 7 nights
- Wednesday - Thursday
- Packing list provided
- Limited to 10 participants
- Two experienced guides will be provided with 6 guests or more
- 1 experienced guide for up to 5 guests
- One full week of activities from 8 am - 4:30 pm
- Swimming Pool
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Ground Transportation for the entire trip
- Assistance in finding best airfare prices and helping you book it, if needed
- Participate in all or part of the planned daily activities
- Sunday is a free day - no formal activities are scheduled, relax, go to the beach, play, etc.
- 20 delicious, healthy meals prepared in our vacation home (7 B, 6 L, 7 D)
- Lodging in a clean, comfortable Vacation Home within minutes of the beach
- Pre-trip meeting details provided prior to departure at my home. Info is sent to those unable to attend.
- Nature photography tips are available upon request
- Enjoy the companionship of others who share a passion and desire to be active outdoors
- $1599/person, based on double occupancy
- Departure from Salt Lake City on Tuesday, 6 AM
- Departure from Lihue, Kauai on Tuesday, 10 PM
- Contact me at 801-278-5313 if you have questions or concerns regarding physical limitations, dietary restrictions or anything else!